Hey DRAMA Families! You will find below all of the information you need to participate in DRAMA this spring. Please read this letter carefully as we’ve made some significant changes this session!
Parent Meetings: Just like last session, we will not be doing parent meetings this spring. Instead, we will send out an email after we’ve confirmed the teams for this session. It is very important that parents read and respond to this email, as it will include important information like the Training Camp meal sign up and dates for potential outreaches. If a member is 18 or older, they may participate in the session independently from their parents by following our Older Member Policy on the website.
Training Camp: Thursday, March 2nd (8:30 am) – Saturday, March 4th (7:30 pm), at Woodcrest Retreat (225 Woodcrest Drive, Ephrata). Again, this Training Camp we are having a family potluck for Saturday supper at 5:30 pm. If possible, we would like all families of current members to come for supper and bring a dish to share. After supper we will have a short wrap up time, after which you and your youth are free to go.
Session Duration: Training Camp through Monday, May 15th. This spring we will have only one team which will meet at the DRAMA Office (131 Terrace Ave, Ephrata). This team will meet on Mondays from 6:30-9:00 PM
Booked Outreaches: Every member is required to attend our pre-booked outreaches listed below. Times given might change, but only slightly. If there are any conflicts, please talk to your director before sending in your application! Any future outreaches that are confirmed will be shared via email or at practice.
-Wed. morning, April 19th, at Lititz Area Mennonite School (1050 E Newport Rd, Lititz, PA 17543)
-Sun. morning, April 30th, at Crossing Community Church (8 South Erisman Road, Manheim, PA 17545)
– Wed. morning, May 10th at Crossroads Homeschool at Woodcrest Retreat (225 Woodcrest Drive Ephrata, PA)
Alpha & Sprouts:
-Friends and Family Presentation will be either Friday evening, March 24th or Thursday evening, April 13th. Please hold both of these open for now and we will notify you of the choice very soon.
To Apply for Alpha:
- Fill out your application on the website (here) by February 15th.
- Send your $60 session fee (made out to DRAMA Ministry) to Phil Weaver (95 Stobers Dam Rd. Stevens, PA 17578) by February 15th. If the session fee creates financial difficulty, please contact Phil (717-682-8597) as there are scholarships available.
- If you did not participate in the fall session, please also send your completed and notarized Release of Liability form (found on the website documents page) to Phil by February 15th. Please note, all session participants, regardless of age, must turn in a completed and notarized form. Details for completion of this document are found with the form at the link above.
Sprouts: Here are the details for Sprouts (youth ages 8 to 12):
- Session Dates: March 8 – May 17th.
- Time and Place: 3:30-5:30 pm every Wednesday at Christ House Church. (Lower level, 131 Terrace Ave, Ephrata)
- Session Fee: $15 per child. This helps cover costs of t-shirts and supplies.
Our first practice is Mini Training Camp! It is an extended practice where we play fun games, learn mimes, and get to know each other. March 8th is Mini Training Camp from 3:30-8pm. Supper is provided. Any food allergies will be complied with as necessary. If you have any questions you can reach out
to Emily Sensenig (firstname.lastname@example.org 717-826-7137). You can find the Sprouts application here.